The workshop will take place on March 27 at 500 1st St NW, Washington, D.C., 9th floor.
|Time (all EDT)
||Pre-workshop coffee (optional)
||Introductions and welcome activity
||Talks on successful PETs deployments
- Privacy, Census Data, and Redistricting
- Moon Duchin (Professor of Mathematics, Tufts University)
A Kerfuffle: Differential Privacy and the 2020 Census
Aloni Cohen (University of Chicago, Assistant Professor of Computer Science)
- 11:05-11:10: Break
- The NIST Privacy Enhancing Cryptography Project
- Angela Robinson (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Smart Contracts, Accountability, and Privacy
- Ed Felten (Offchain Labs, Co-founder and Chief Scientist)
||Focus group discussions
- Government data releases
- Census, HIPAA, etc.
- Discussion lead: Rachel Cummings
- PETs for transparency in governance
- FISA, biometric databases, etc.
- Discussion lead: Gabriel Kaptchuk
- Consumer and employee privacy
- Advertisements, compliance, etc.
- Discussion lead: Shaanan Cohney
- Regulation of PETs
- Raising the privacy waterline
- Discussion lead: Alexandra Wood